Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit - Matthew 28:19
Our Mission & Values
The mission of First Baptist West Albuquerque is to faithfully work to fulfill the Great Commission. We do this by engaging non-believers with the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ, teaching and maturing faithful followers of Christ, and equipping the church to be on constant mission with the Gospel.
As a body of believers in the person and work of Jesus Christ, together we value:
- The Word. We value the authority, sufficiency and centrality of God’s Word in all things. Because the Bible is God’s Word, we believe it holds unchanging truth that is applicable in ever-changing circumstances. Because God’s Word is true and never changing, we can trust it for all it instructs for salvation and godly living. We want the Bible to be the very center and heartbeat of all that we do.
- The Body. We value the body of Christ that is represented by the covenant membership of the local church. First West is but one local expression of the body of Christ which is made up of followers of Jesus throughout history and around the world. We value covenant-based local church membership as it helps us to fulfill our Gospel responsibilities to one another and the Great Commission to the world.
- Corporate Worship. We value gathering as the body of Christ and as a family of faith to worship the one true God. Because God has saved us for His glory and for the spread of the Gospel, we gather to sing together in praise to God and to sit under the teaching and preaching of His Word together. Faith in Christ cannot be carried out, encouraged, strengthened or developed nearly as well alone as it can with the body of Christ.
- Evangelism. We value taking the Good News of salvation in Jesus Christ to all people, irrespective of race, ethnicity, religion, background or lifestyle. The Gospel is Good News for all people, because everyone needs rescue from sin and a right relationship with God. So, we pray fervently for those who do not know Christ, prepare ourselves to lovingly share the Gospel with all who are without Him, and look for and create opportunities to tell our neighbors and the nations about God’s gift of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Discipleship. We value the ongoing process of maturity in the faith for all followers of Jesus. Discipleship is just a way of saying, “growing as a follower of Jesus.” We value growing together through intense and intentionally study of the Scriptures, corporate worship and prayer, relationships of mentorship and accountability, and taking the Gospel to the nations together.